Saturday 27 August 2016

WHEN MOUNTAINS MOVE REVIEW

Email : anastasia.everdeen09@gmail.com Twitter: @celeste009s Goodreads: Celeste Skywalker

Mate, this was a bloody brilliant piece of work I tell you! I typically never read this genre (I was a Christian genre virgin before today) but after reading this, I see it resembles strongly to the contemporary genre but it is more focused on a single type of emotion.

I also have never read historical fiction before so reading this I think made me ease more into the genre. I think this is a perfect book for fans who have never read historical fiction and want to ease into it perfectly.

I loved Millie. I felt like she was such a raw character and I loved how the author made me materialize before the eyes of the reader. It was breathtaking.

I loved the grandma. yup. she was an interesting nut.

I have also not really read any book set in the country (geronimo stilton and the wild wild west does not count) bu I loved this setting. The country I though would be more of a yellow golden type of colour but the cover replicated the feeling of this country side really good- a blueish greenish Arizona type of feeling without the mud and rain.

All in all, this was a great starting book for historical fiction, and just a book set in a beautiful place with great characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment